Juicy California Prunes Burgers
Get ready for the swimsuit season with our plum juicy burger. Perfect for grilling, this moist juicy burger is also lower in fat to help you shape up for summer.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10-12 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef and California Prunes purée; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- For best flavour and appearance, form and cook patties immediately after mixing meat mixture: lightly shape into four 1.5cm-thick patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet for about 2 minutes over medium heat until hot.
- Place the patties in the skillet; cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in the centres and the juices run clear. Season with salt and pepper after turning.
- Serve burgers in buns with lettuce, tomato and condiments, if desired.
Tip: Patties also can be broiled or grilled:
- To broil, place patties on rack of broiler pan so surface of meat is 8-10cm from the heat. Broil for 9-12 minutes to medium done-ness, until no longer pink in centres and the juices run clear, turning once.
- To grill, place patties on a grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill for 10-13 minutes to medium done-ness, until no longer pink in centres and the juices run clear, turning once..
To make California Prunes purée:
- In food processor container, combine 2/3 cup (100g) pitted California Prunes and 6 tablespoons water and blitz until finely chopped.
- Or visit: https://www.californiaprunes.net/recipes/california-prune-puree
|How about trying one of these California Prunes sauces to accompany this dish:
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||27|