The Ultimate Cheese Board with California Prunes
This cheese board is all about abundance. The tangy mostarda, deeply flavored whole California Prunes, and peppercorn black tea syrup all complement the salty, sweet, earthy, and savory elements on the board. Prepare to wow your tastebuds with this incredible charcuterie board created by Kat Turner, Chef Partner, Highly Likely Café, Los Angeles
- 125ml California Prune Mostarda
- 115ml California Prune Syrup
- 175g California Prunes
- 225g manchego, pecorino, or other sheep’s milk cheese
- 113g blue cheese
- 225g gouda or other goat cheese
- 225g washed rind goat cheese
- 115g bresaola
- 115g chorizo
- Artisanal crackers
- Focaccia or baguette
- 150g corn nuts
- 150g cornichon
- 50g sliced watermelon radish
- Fresh stone fruit
- Greenery such as olive leaves, rosemary sprigs, or edible blossoms
1. Place cornichons, whole California Prunes, bowls of California Prunes in syrup and California Prune mostarda onto the board.
2. Slice firm cheeses and fan-out.
3. Keep blue cheese whole and gently crumble a portion onto the board.
4. Place bresoala and chorizo on the board. Weave in crackers and bread.
5. Tuck in green sprigs, radish and stone fruit.
6. Sprinkle in the corn nuts and nuts.
7. Spoon prune syrup over blue cheese.