California Prune Mostarda
This California Prune Mostarda is an incredibly versatile sweet and sour condiment that elevates any dish. It’s a perfect accompaniment for anything from pork to cheeses and charcuterie.
- 225g California Prunes
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 14g knob Ginger, peeled and grated
- Lemon Peel from 1 lemon, finely sliced
- 177ml water
- 115ml white wine
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 50g sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seed
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
1. Finely chop the California Prunes.
2. Place a small pot over low heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering add the shallots and saute until the shallots are transparent, be careful not to let them brown.
3. Add the California Prunes and all the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring them up to a simmer.
4. Stirring occasionally, cook until liquid reduces to a syrup.
5. Whisk briskly to further thicken the mixture.
6. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. (It will keep for up to a month in the fridge)