California Prune Syrup with Pink Peppercorn, Black Tea, and Armagnac
- 225g California Prunes
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- Boiling Water
- 100g Sugar
- 115ml Armagnac (or cognac)
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange in strips
1. Place tea bags and California Prunes into a small glass bowl (or non-reactive heat-proof bowl) and just cover with boiling water. You don’t want an excess of steeping liquid as this will also be used to make the syrup.
2. Let steep for 5 minutes and remove the tea bags. Place California Prunes, steeping liquid, and all remaining ingredients into a small pot and bring the liquid to a simmer.
3.Stirring occasionally, cook until liquid reduces to a syrup.
4. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. (It will keep for up to 1 month in the fridge)