The Ultimate Breakfast Loaf Filled With Quinoa, California Prunes, Nuts & Seeds
Want to set up your day with a hearty and healthy breakfast? This loaf does just the trick, and will pair perfectly with your juice, tea or coffee of choice!
Makes: 2Prep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 450 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 50 ml California Prune Juice
- 6 tbsp mixed seeds & chopped nuts
- 75g chopped California Prunes
- 30g cooked, cooled quinoa
- Mix the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the yoghurt, California Prune juice and milk.
- Mix together to form a soft dough, it is really important you don’t over mix, just gently bring the dough together.
- Add the chopped California Prunes, mixed nuts and quinoa and gently fold into the dough.
- Scoop out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into a round loaf.
- Place the dough on a non-stick baking tray. Using a pair of scissors cut a cross into the top of the bread to approximately half way down the depth of the loaf.
- Bake the bread in a pre heated oven 180°C or gas mark 4 for 20 minutes until golden and hollow sounding when you tap the underneath of the loaf.