Spicy Vegetarian Chilli with California Prunes
California Prunes’ Chef Ambassador, Peter Sidwell, has elevated the humble chilli to something truly special. Adding California Prunes to complement the spices, this rich, inviting vegetarian chilli will set your taste buds tingling with so many flavours and textures. Go on…give it a try!
Makes: 4 peoplePrep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 500ml beer
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 10g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 x 400g tin lentils, washed
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, washed
- 100g California Prunes, chopped
- To serve:
- 40 soured cream
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 chopped spring onions
- Pour the oil into a pan on medium heat.
- Add the chipotle paste, cumin, chilli flakes and garlic, and cook for 1 minute to bring the flavours together.
- Add the onion and sweet potato. Cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes have softened, pour in the beer, chopped tomatoes, and vegetable stock before mixing together.
- Add the dark chocolate and tomato puree, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the black beans, lentils and chopped California Prunes.
- Mix together and serve in bowls, topped with soured cream, coriander and chopped spring onions.