Savoury Cheesecake with Ham and California Prunes
Makes: 4-8Prep Time: 45 minutesCook Time: *Cooling Time : 6 hours
- For the base:
- 200g crackers
- 120g butter
- For the cream cheese:
- 8 California Prunes
- 250g cottage cheese
- 500g goat cheese
- 50g grated pecorino
- 10g isinglass
- Water to taste
- To decorate:
- 60g sliced ham
1. Blend the crackers with the butter until you get a fine mixture.
2. Pour them on the bottom of a springform pan lined with parchment paper and form the base of the cheesecake compacting and leveling well.
3. Put it in the refrigerator and in the meantime prepare the cream.
4. Soak the jelly in cold water
5. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, goat cheese and grated pecorino, mix until it’s creamy.
6. Then add the California Prunes cut into rather small pieces and mix everything together.
7. In a saucepan, heat a finger of water, add the isinglass and stir until completely dissolved.
8. Let it cool, then add it to the cheese mixture and mix.
9. Pour the cream into the pan, over the cracker bottom, level and place in the refrigerator to harden for at least 4-5 hours. It’s ideal to prepare the cheesecake the day before serving.
10. Once ready, decorate with slices of ham and serve.