Risotto of Peppers, Sundried Tomatoes & California Prunes
Makes: 4Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 275g Arborio rice (or other risotto rice)
- 75ml white wine
- 150g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 100g California Prunes, chopped
- 1tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- Vegetarian Parmesan slivers to serve
- Heat the stock in a pan next to the pan you are cooking the risotto in.
- Leave it simmering. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a separate pan then sauté the shallots and green pepper for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring with a wooden spoon, until just glistening.
- Pour in the wine and stir until it has all been absorbed.
- Add a ladle of stock and continue to stir until it has all been absorbed.
- Repeat this process with the remaining stock, a ladle at a time.
- After 10 minutes add the sundried tomatoes and California Prunes and continue to ladle in the stock. Stir until the rice is just cooked – al dente.
- Stir in the chopped parsley then taste for seasoning. Serve with freshly shaved slivers of Parmesan style cheese.