California Prune Meatloaf
Flavourful, delicious and with reduced fat … how can you say no to this beautiful recipe? This California Prune Meatloaf is simple to make, and a perfect autumnal dish to share!
Makes: 2-4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 45 minutes
- 600g Pork mince (lean)
- 600g Chicken mince
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 160g Fresh breadcrumbs (not dried)
- 1 tsp chives chopped
- 1 tsp Dried sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 oxo cube
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 250g California Prunes chopped
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- For the sauce
- 100g California Prunes chopped
- 1 Red onion chopped
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 30g Soft Brown sugar
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix together all the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl and season with
a little salt and pepper.
3. Line a 2lb/1kg loaf tin with 2 layers of kitchen foil and push into the bottom.
4. Spoon the meatloaf into the tin, making sure you press the mixture right down into the bottom.
5. Cover the loaf tin with another piece of foil and sit on a baking tray to catch any
drips or spillage as it cooks.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until fully cooked.
7. Meanwhile, place all the sauce ingredients into a pan saucepan and heat gently,
until the sugar is dissolved.