Prune and Muscovado Cake with an Orange Glaze
This wonderful cake is delightful treat, that you can truly enjoy as it is reduced in fat! Make sure to indulge in the citrusy orange glaze , which will only amplify the flavours.
Makes: 8Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 - 30 minutes
1. Blend the chopped California Prunes with the margarine in a mixer until the fruit has blended into the fat.
2. Add both sugars and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and then crack the eggs in one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Finally, fold in the flour gently until fully mixed.
5. Pour the cake into a nonstick bunt tin and bake in a pre-heated oven 170°C for 25-30 minutes or until fully baked.
6. When the cake is ready remove from the oven.
7. Leave for 10 minutes before removing from the tin, as the cake will retract a little after 10 minutes and this makes it easier to remove.
8. Place the cake onto a cooking rack.
9. Mix the orange juice and icing sugar into a glaze and pour over the cake.