Mini Cardamom and California Prune Ricotta Cakes
Like these Mini Cardamom and California Prune Ricotta Cakes. Why have one cake when you can have five mini cakes? The ricotta helps keeps the cake fluffy while the prunes add a hint of sweetness without the all the extra sugar. Plus, the addition of cardamom elevates this simple cake to brunch approved status.
Makes: 5-6Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 - 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat ricotta
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup California Prunes, chopped
- Icing sugar to garnish
- Preheat an oven to 175°C
- Spray 2 mini (10cm cake tin), 2 mini (13cm cake tins), 1 10x15cm mini loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray. If you want you can replace the mini cake tins and use one 23cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another large bowl combine eggs, ricotta, vanilla extract and butter.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Once combined, fold in the California Prunes.
- Next, divide the batter among the mink cake pans or pour all the batter into the 23cm cake tin. B
- ake the mini cakes for about 30 minutes and the whole cake for about 55 minutes or until an a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Once cooked remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving and dusting tops with icing sugar.