Homemade California Prune Energy Bars
Prunes are a naturally sweet base for homemade bars, making these the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
Makes: 8Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 250g California Prunes
- 1 egg
- 125ml unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 120g unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 230g quick-cook oats
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 75g chopped pecans
- 120g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and spray a 20cm x 20cm (8″ x 8″) pan with cooking spray, or line with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the California Prunes for about 20 seconds into small pieces.
- Add egg, milk and salt to the food processor, and blend until creamy.
- Scrape the sides of the processor with a spatula before adding the peanut butter, and pulsing briefly until blended.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, then add the oats, sunflower seeds, pecans and chocolate chips. Stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and spread evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the mixture is no longer glossy.
- Remove from the oven and cool fully, then cut into 12 bars. Store in an airtight container.