California Prune and Florida Grapefruit Breakfast Vegan Bar
We’ve teamed up again with fellow U.S commodity Florida Grapefruit , this time to create a delicious breakfast treat – a healthy vegan bar, which is a great way to start your day.
With 8 portions per bake, whether you’re sharing with family or keeping them to yourself for the week – we hope you enjoy the best both coasts of the USA have to offer!
Why not check out the complementary breakfast smoothie here : California Prune and Florida Grapefruit Breakfast Smoothie – California Prunes
Bake Time : 20 minutes Cooling Time : 20 minutes Makes : 4-8
1. Place the butter and both sugars into a large pan on a low heat.
2. Once the butter has melted add in the golden syrup, then turn up the heat and
bring to a boil.
3. Add the zest of the Florida Grapefruit and juice.
4. Sprinkle in the oats and chopped California Prunes before stirring together with
the seeds, making sure all the oats are covered.
5. Spoon the oats out onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Using the back of a spoon press the flapjack down so that it is all even.
7. Bake in the oven at 170°C for 20 minutes.
8. Once baked leave the flapjack to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into portions.