California Prunes Chicken Supreme with Brandy Sauce
Makes: 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes
- Slice the bacon into strips, then add a splash of olive oil to a hot pan. Add the bacon and cook until golden and crispy.
- Score the chicken breasts and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the pan seasoned side down and cook until golden brown.
- Slice the shallots and add to the pan.
- Chop the rosemary and thyme before adding to the pan.
- Spoon in the Dijon mustard before scattering in the California Prunes whole.
- Carefully add the brandy, now you can do one of two things:
• light the brandy and burn off the alcohol or
• boil off the brandy for a couple of minutes.
If you are lighting the brandy, be careful and stand back as it burns, then use a pan lid to put it out.
- Pour in the double cream and stir together to make a delicious indulgent sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked and season with a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with some wild rice and a green salad.