Chewy California Prune Spice Cookies
Sweet spices scent these chewy, California Prune-studded cookies. They’re sure to become a cookie jar Favourite!
Makes: 36Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 227g butter, softened
- 201g granulated sugar, divided
- 100g packed light brown sugar
- 90g molasses
- 1 egg
- 270g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 175g pitted California Prunes, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 175°C. In mixer bowl, beat together butter, 100g cup of the granulated sugar and the brown sugar until creamy.
2. Add molasses and egg; beat well.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cardamom, cloves, salt and pepper.
4. Add to butter mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
5. Mix in California Prunes.
6. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is slightly firm.
7. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. Roll balls in remaining 100 g cup sugar to coat.
8. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
9. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are just set.
10. Let cool slightly on baking sheets and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.