California Prunes and Peanut Butter Traybake
Makes: 12 slicesPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- In a food processor, blend the California Prunes and butter together until you create a ‘prune butter’.
- Put the prune butter into a bowl and mix in the dark brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add and mix in one egg at a time and then mix in the peanut butter.
- Sieve and fold in the flour and add a splash of espresso to loosen the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and place the whole prunes in rows to create the portions.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or util golden and skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
Serving Suggestion: Cut into squares and serve warm with California Prune Ripple Ice Cream (https://www.californiaprunes.net/recipes/california-prune-rippled-ice-cream/)