California Prune Purée Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you thought chocolate chip cookies couldn’t get any better, try this version with a touch of California Prune purée and you may just change your mind.
Makes: 24Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup California Prune purée
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Heat oven to 190ºC.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl beat California Prune purée, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla to blend thoroughly.
- In small bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into plum mixture until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate morsels. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove to racks to cool completely.
California Prune Purée:
- In food processor container, combine 2/3 cup (110g) pitted California Prunes and 3 tablespoons water.
- Process on and off until finely chopped. (Makes 1/2 cup)
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||25|