Zesty Asian Chicken Salad
Coconut aminos give this Asian-style salad the flavour of soy without the gluten. Fresh ginger and garlic add a zesty kick, while the sweetness of prunes balance it out. This one is a crowd pleaser!
Makes: 4Prep Time: 45 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 110g each)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 ½- inch- long matchsticks
- 1 cup (about 170g) halved pitted California Prunes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage (purple or green)
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, coconut aminos, honey, cilantro, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and crushed red pepper.
- Pour 1/4 cup marinade mixture over chicken in plastic bag.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes; turning bag occasionally.
- In large bowl, place broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, California Prunes and green onions.
- Toss with remaining marinade mixture to coat completely; let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag; discard marinade from chicken.
- Grill chicken over medium-hot coals (or broil on rack of broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from heat) 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centre, turning once.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and toss into salad.
- Great served room temperature or cold.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||6|