Veal cheek with California Prunes and Jerusalem Artichoke Cream
Makes: 2Cook Time: 2 hours
- 80g California Prunes
- 2 calf cheeks
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 200 g Jerusalem artichoke
- 2 potatoes
- 1 glass of white wine
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
1. In a saucepan, pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, add two veal cheeks, cloves of garlic, sage, a pinch of salt, 10 whole California Prunes, white wine, 300 ml of broth and cook for about two hours.
2. To make the Jerusalem artichoke cream, fry the onion cut into julienne strips with a thread of oil.
3. Cut the Jerusalem artichoke and the peeled potatoes into small pieces and add to the sauté, cover with water and cook for 90 minutes.
4. Blend everything in a mixer adding two mint leaves.
5. Serve the Jerusalem artichoke cream in the middle of the plate, add the melting creams and the California Prunes cut in half.
6. Glaze with the cooking juices, a few mint leaves and a pinch of pepper.
7. Enjoy your meal!