Thai Shrimp Noodle Bowls
King prawn noodle bowls are packed with vegetables and sparked with the exotic flavours of Thai cuisine. Top with chopped peanuts for a great texture contrast.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 340g king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 170g quartered California Prunes
- 1 cup thinly sliced courgette
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 4 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta
- Chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine broth, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, sherry, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrots and bell pepper; stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add king prawns, California Prunes, courgette, green onion and reserved broth mixture; cook and stir 5 minutes or until prawns are pink.
- Serve in individual bowls over pasta and top with peanuts, if desired.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||9|