Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This sweet potato breakfast hash is a delicious, healthy recipe that you can enjoy any time of day. It’s a hearty meal with an irresistible combination of flavours. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
Makes: 8Prep Time: 15Cook Time: 20
- 900g sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 170g / 6 slices of bacon (chopped)
- 225g minced beef
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed, ground
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2/3 cup diced California Prunes (about 12 prunes)
- 8 eggs
- Fill a large pot of water with an inch or two of water, and insert a steamer basket. Steam the chopped sweet potatoes until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon pieces over medium heat, stirring regularly until browned.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside. (Leave the bacon grease in the pan.) Add the minced beef from the skillet.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes, until translucent, then add the cooked sweet potatoes to the skillet. Turn up the heat to medium high and cook for a couple minutes to brown the sweet potatoes a bit, stirring regularly. Add the cooked bacon, ground beef, and diced California Prunes to the skillet. Cook everything together over medium heat for a couple more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fried eggs.