Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno & California Prune Sauce over Slow Cooked Pork Sirloin
Makes: 10-12Prep Time: 25 minutesCook Time: 4-6 hours
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 100g California Prunes
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 medium sliced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced (seeds kept in)
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1.4kg boneless pork shoulder
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1/2 cup water, apple cider vinegar, California Prunes, Stevia, ginger, red pepper flakes and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Heat until liquid begins to thicken slightly, 8-12 minutes.
- Using a whisk, quickly force the California Prunes to begin to break apart once they become moist and tender in the liquid.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- In a slow cooker add the remaining water, placing the red onions, jalapenos and garlic on the bottom.
- Place pork shoulder in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the sauce and place on low heat.
- Cook for 4-6 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 75°C.
- Remove from slow cooker, shred or keep in larger portions and serve with the cooked jalapenos and onions on top!