California Sunshine Chilli
A quick and easy classic – our California Sunshine Chilli will warm the soul of any occasion!
Makes: 6Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 453g ground beef
- 1 medium onion,
- chopped 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can kidney beans. rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 131g pitted California Prunes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, brown ground beef over medium heat, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles; pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add beans, tomato sauce, prunes, chilli powder and oregano; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 25 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve in bowls and top with cheese, if desired.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||39|