California Prune Summer Pavlova
This beautiful and fruity delight is a summer treat for you, and your nearest & dearest to enjoy! This statement Pavlova is sure to impress – whether you’re entertaining at a party or enjoying a sunshine filled weekend.
Makes: 4-6Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 180 minutes
1. Place the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar gradually until fully incorporated while still whisking.
3. When the meringue forms stiff peaks, it is ready.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then spread out into a circle to form your pavlova – approximately 3cm thick.
5. Bake the meringue in the oven at 110°C for 15 minutes, then turn down to 90°C.
6. Turn the oven off after 1 hour at 90°C and leave in the oven for 2-3 hours or overnight.
7. To make the filling ,simply place the California Prunes into a shallow pan with the Prosecco and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add the summer berries and remove from the heat immediately.
9. Leave the fruit to cool before building your pavlova.
10. Spread the yoghurt on top of the meringue, then top with the fruit.
11. Serve straight away.