Summer Pad Thai with California Prunes
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes
- 250g Dried Noodles (soaked in boiling water)
- 20 California Prunes, chopped
- Spring onions
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 thumb of Ginger
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 50ml Light soy sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Bunch of spring onions
- 75g Cashew nuts
- 1/2 Cucumber (seeds removed and sliced)
- 1 lime cut in half
- 1 extra Lime (cut into wedges for the noodles)
- 150g Bean sprouts
- Firstly, place the noodles into a large mixing bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes until soft.
- Chop the California Prunes, then pre heat your wok.
- Crack the garlic clove before chopping it finely.
- Peel and chop the ginger into match sized sticks.
- Add the oil to the heated wok, then scatter in the ginger and garlic.
- Add the sliced red onions and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Put the chopped California Prunes into the wok followed by the light soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of water from the noodles into the wok.
- Scatter in the chopped spring onions.
- Cut the cucumber in half long ways and remove the seeds using a teaspoon, then chop into 1/2cm slices ready for the wok.
- Cut one of the limes in half and squeeze over the cucumber to give it a light pickle.
- Turn the heat down on the wok and lift the noodles out of the boiling water and into the wok.
- Stir the noodles together, then add the bean sprouts, spring onions and cucumber.
- Remove from the heat and serve with wedges of lime.
- Serve the noodles up and top with chopped cashew nuts.