- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- ½ cup California Prunes, chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 cups cooked pearl couscous *
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and chipotle and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Stir in the California Prunes and almonds and cook for 1 minute, until the California Prunes start to swell a little.
- Fold in the couscous and season with the salt.
- Add more salt if necessary.
- Add the lemon juice and fold in the parsley.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve warm as a side.
Note: * 1 cup of couscous should yield 2 cups cooked but I’ve refrained from giving cooking instructions because I’ve noticed different manufacturer’s give different cooking times and directions. Follow with what the manufacturer writes on the box. I will however, recommend using a good flavourful stock to cook the couscous instead of water.