Speedy ‘Baked’ Apples with California Prunes
Finding a healthy pudding isn’t always straight forward and fruit can get a bit boring, but this recipe is so quick, easy, healthy and tasty that it’s a great one to have in the recipe bank. Apples are full of water soluble vitamins like vitamin C, and the walnuts and California Prunes are both high in fibre and minerals.
Makes: 2Prep Time: 3 minutesCook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large eating apples
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 California Prunes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
1. Halve the apples so that you have a top and a bottom, then scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Put the apple halves in a microwavable dish.
2. Mix together the chopped California Prunes, cinnamon and walnuts and then fill the centres of the apple halves with the mixture.
3. Cover the dish loosely and cook in the microwave on high for 5 minutes.
4. Test to see if the apple is soft. If not, cook for a further minute then serve with the juice drizzled over and the spoonfuls of yoghurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon.