Slow Cooked Lamb with California Prunes, Almonds and Minted Couscous
Check out how to make this dish: Slow Cooked Lamb with California Prunes, Almonds and Minted Couscous
- 4 lamb shanks
- 250g couscous
- 2 red onions- cut into wedges
- 250ml boiling water
- 200g California Prunes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- Salt and pepper
- 70g flaked almonds
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Dried mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint of stock
1. Place the lamb shanks into a shallow pan.
2. Add the red onions, California prunes, tomatoes cut into 1/4’s and the lemon cut in half.
3. Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
4. Add the dried mint and cinnamon stick.
5. Pour in the stock and place the lid on before baking in a pre heated oven 160c for 2-3 hours.
6. When cooked remove from the oven, remove the lid and put on the hob.
7. Boil the sauce to reduce by half and thicken slightly.
To make the couscous:
1. Place the couscous in a bowl with the cumin, salt and dried mint.
2. Pour the boiling water over the grains and leave to soak.
3. Do not under any circumstances stir the couscous it needs to be left to soak and absorb the liquid.
4. Add the almonds, pomegranate, lemon juice and olive oil before stirring with a folk to make sure it is nice and fluffy.