Sesame Seed California Prune Balls
A bone-building, simple, and portable snack that packs delicious flavour and a ton of health benefits.
Recipe created by McKel Hill, Nutrition Stripped for the California Prune Board with photography and video recipe by Peter Sidwell
Makes: 20 energy ballsPrep Time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes' chilling
- ½ cup (80g) raw cashews
- ½ cup (50g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (130g) tahini
- 1 cup (130g) California Prunes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt, adjust to taste
- Garnish: Sesame seeds for coating, about ¼ cup on the side
- Optional for added healthy fats: ⅔ cup (75g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- Using a food processor grind all the ingredients into a thick paste that sticks together when pressed between two fingers.
- Place sesame seeds in a small bowl on the side. Use about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your hands. Next, roll each ball into the sesame seeds.
- Place on a plate lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill and firm.
- Can be stored in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week.