Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding
A luscious, luxurious chocolate pudding, created by Peter Sidwell.
Makes: 4-6Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Pour 110g sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour and 25g of the cocoa powder into the bowl, and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk and egg.
- Pour the whisked ingredients into the well, add the chopped California Prunes, and fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a non-stick baking dish.
- Mix together the remaining sugar and cocoa, and sprinkle across the top of the pudding.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the top of the pudding. This will create a sauce that will sink to the bottom of the pudding while it bakes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is firm.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly before serving.