Seared Tuna on California Prune and Spring Onion Linguine
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 225g dried linguine
- 2-3 tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 4 fresh small tuna steaks
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 125g California Prunes, roughly chopped
- to serve alfalfa sprouts
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the linguine. Cook according to the pack instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, press the freshly milled black pepper onto both sides of the tuna steaks.
- Heat a griddle and sear the tuna for 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on how rare you like you tuna).
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and stir-fry the spring onion for 2-3 minutes before adding the California Prunes. Cook until warmed through.
- Drain the pasta and add to the spring onion and prune mixture and toss well.
- Divide between four plates of shallow bowls and serve topped with the freshly sliced tuna steak and a small bunch of alfalfa sprouts.