Scotch California Prunes
We’ve been a little bit creative with this recipe… Scotch California Prunes! These delicious savoury snacks are the perfect addition to your picnic out in the beautiful sunshine. The California Prunes might be a surprise, but they definitely turn a good recipe into a great one!
Texture & flavour were our priority in this recipe, and we love the result: a fabulous balance of flavour with sweet California Prune wrapped in savoury sausage meat, all surrounded by a crispy breadcrumb coating. It’s a recipe you’ll definitely want to try. What are you waiting for?
Makes: 12Prep Time: 25 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes
- 300g minced lamb
- 100g pork sausage meat
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 12 whole California Prunes
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 150g thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- Place the minced lamb and sausage meat together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dried mint, cumin, salt and pepper, then mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and, using clean wet hands, shape the meat portions into 2cm thick burger shapes.
- Place a California Prune in the centre of a burger and wrap the meat around to encase the prune.
Repeat the process until you have made 11 more portions and place on a non-stick tray.
- Roll each scotch prune in flour and then beaten egg before coating in panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the fully coated scotch prunes onto the non-stick baking tray and spray with a little vegetable oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes or until fully baked.
- Mixed the yogurt and harissa paste together until well-combined.
- Serve the scotch eggs warm or cold with the harissa yoghurt dip.