Roasted Vegetables with a California Prune Glaze
Makes: 4-6 peoplePrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 sweet potatoes - peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 carrots - peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 2 parsnips - peeled and cut into quarters lengthways
- 2 red onions - peeled and cut into quarters
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3g rosemary
- 3g thyme
- 4 sage leaves
- 100g California Prunes - 50g chopped (to scatter) and 50g for glaze
- 50ml boiling water
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 50g almonds
- Place all the vegetables into a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and the herbs.
- Cook the vegetables in a pre-heated oven 160°C for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile blend 1/2 of the California Prunes with the water and balsamic vinegar.
- When the vegetables are roasted pour over the glaze and stir together, making sure everything is coated
- Scatter over the remaining California Prunes and almonds
- Return the tray to the oven for a further 10 minutes, then serve