Ricotta Flatbread with California Prunes, Serrano Ham, and Rocket
Makes: 3-4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 450g pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grated Romano cheese to top
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- t tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped California Prunes
- 115g Serrano ham
- 2 tbsp grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup rocket
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line 45 x 33 cm baking pan with parchment paper or silicone mat. Lightly grease parchment.
- Stretch, flatten, or roll dough to a large thin rectangle, about the size of baking pan. Poke your fingers all over the top of the dough to make little indents.
- Drizzle olive oil over stretched dough. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons of grated Romano cheese over dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes until flatbread is golden in colour and cheese has melted. Remove from oven and add toppings.
- While flatbread is baking, mix together ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Keep chilled until ready to assemble.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over baked flatbread. Distribute dollops of seasoned ricotta over flatbread. Add Serrano ham and chopped California Prunes. Grate Romano cheese on top. Finish with rocket. Season with salt/pepper or additional cheese as needed. If desired, drizzle additional olive oil before serving.
In place of pizza dough, you can sub in naan, lavash, pitta, or any bread of choice.