California Prune and Yoghurt Parfait
This sweet treat is not only a dessert you’ll love, but thanks to the inclusion of California Prunes it also has reduced fat!
Makes: 8Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes Cook Time: Minimum 4 hours freezing
1. Place the sugar and water into a pan and boil until it reaches 110 °C.
2. Meanwhile whip the egg white in an electric mixer with the salt until light, fluffy
and they hold their shape.
3. When the sugar and water mixture is ready, remove from the heat and pour into the egg whites slowly until it is fully incorporated.
4. Continue to mix the egg whites until it has cooled.
5. Place the California Prunes into a blender with the honey and lemon juice.
6. Blend until smooth, then add the yoghurt one spoon at a time, then mix until it is
fully blended together.
7. Transfer the yoghurt mixture into a mixing bowl and add half the egg white mixture.
8. Mix together, then add the remaining egg white and fold the mixture carefully
9. Line a loaf tin with 2 sheets of cling film before pouring in the parfait mixture.
10. Place the parfait into the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours before slicing and serving.