Pulled Pork with California Prune and Fennel Slaw Rolls
Makes: 6Prep Time: 10-15 minutesCook Time: 150 minutes
- 1kg pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp salt and cracked black
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 bread rolls
- For the slaw
- 2 bulbs of fennel sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 apples cut into match sticks
- 2 Lemons
- 100g California Prunes chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful chopped parsley
1. Place the shoulder of pork into a roasting tray.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the shoulder of pork and season with the salt, pepper and fennel seeds.
3. Pour approximately 2 pints of water around the pork.
4. Roast the pork for 30 minutes at 200°C, then turn down the heat to 150°C for a further 2 hours to cook slowly.
5. Meanwhile place the fennel, red onion and apples into a mixing bowl.
6. Squeeze over the lemon juice and mix.
7. Add the chopped California Prunes, olive oil and parsley.
8. Mix the slaw together and set to one side until the pork is ready.
9. When the pork is cooked, tender and falling apart, remove from the oven and shred.
10. Serve in the bread rolls with the California Prune and fennel slaw for a delicious crunch and burst of flavour.