California Prune Veggie Tacos
A Veganuary inspired recipe – these amazing California Prune Mexican Style Tacos are an epic dinner option for you and the family!
Makes: 4-6Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 20g Dark chocolate (or plant-based substitute)
- 300ml Beer (or vegan substitute)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Red onion finely chopped
- 2 Aubergine cut into match sticks
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 2 Grated sweet potato
- 100g California Prunes chopped
- 400g Tinned tomatoes
- 12 Taco shells
- 2 Lime
- 1 Handful Coriander
- 4 tbsp Sour cream (or plant-based yoghurt) to finish
1. Pre heat a large nonstick pan, before adding the oil.
2. Add the chopped red onions, followed by the aubergines.
3. Sprinkle in the spices and thyme, then cook for 10 minutes.
4. Scatter the whole California Prunes into the pan, followed by the grated sweet potato.
5. Pour in the beer (or substitute) and tinned tomatoes.
6. Add the dark chocolate (or substitute) and stir together.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes until reduced.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve in taco shells with fresh coriander and wedges of lime.