California Prune and Squash Gingerbread
Makes: 6-8Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the cooked squash, golden syrup, brown sugar and milk into a pan and melt gently on a medium heat.
- As the ingredients start to melt, add the chopped California Prunes.
- Carefully mash the ingredients until the squash is broken down into small pieces.
- Leave to cool slightly whilst you mix the dry ingredients.
- Sieve the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the beaten eggs.
- Pour the squash mixture into the dry ingredients and fold together until all the flour has been mixed in.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.