California Prune, Ricotta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken
By: Chris Mohr, RD
Makes: 4Prep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 900g chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup California Prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- avocado or olive oil spray
- 1 cup frozen spinach, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup turkey bacon or lean ham
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Remove spinach from freezer and in a colander, rinse under running water until defrosted. Drain well by wringing out spinach in a clean kitchen towel.
- Carefully butterfly chicken breast (like a Pitta bread, open on one side).
- Cook the bacon or ham until crisp and chop finely.
- In a separate bowl, mix California Prunes, ricotta, drained spinach and cooked bacon.
- Add mixture to the open part of the chicken breast, fold over to close and secure with toothpicks (if needed).
- Add breadcrumbs to a large enough bowl to coat chicken.
- Spray chicken with olive oil (or avocado oil) spray to coat.
- Dip and coat both sides of the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
- Spray nonstick, oven safe pan with avocado oil or olive oil spray.
- Heat over medium heat and add stuffed chicken breasts to the pan.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes or until browned. Flip and brown on other side.
- Spray topside of chicken again with oil spray and place in preheated oven.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve and enjoy.