California Prune & Florida Grapefruit Muffins
We’ve partnered up with Florida Grapefruit to create a brand new and delicious muffin recipe. This collaboration enabled Peter Sidwell to work his magic and combine the distinctive flavours of both fruits within a simple treat for you to enjoy. By using our California Prunes and Florida Grapefruit, Peter was able to reduce the fat by 50% but still keep it super tasty!
Makes: 12Prep Time: 10-15 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes ( plus 10-15 minutes cooling time)
1. Chop the California Prunes finely before adding to a mixing bowl with the margarine.
2. Pour in the sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time while continually mixing, making sure each egg is fully
mixed in before adding the next.
4. Sieve in the flour, but do not mix together just yet.
5. Zest the Florida Grapefruit into the mixing bowl and scatter in the pumpkin seeds.
6. Stir the mixture together until if forms a batter and spoon into a piping bag.
7. Pipe into a muffin tin.
8. Sprinkle over a few extra pumpkin seeds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 170°C for
20 minutes or until golden and baked.
9. Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the Florida Grapefruits and mix with the icing
sugar to make a glaze.
10. Spoon the icing over the baked muffin while still warm, but not straight from the
Oven – let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
Serving suggestion : You can also bake this cake as a loaf cake and a round if you prefer.