Turkey and California Prune Meatballs
Turkey meatballs are baked instead of fried to make them lower in fat. Your guests will love them as a cocktail nibble with Cajun California Prune Barbecue Sauce.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes
- No-stick cooking spray
- 450g turkey mince
- 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp California Prune purée
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepared pasta sauce and spaghetti (optional)
- or Cajun Prune Barbecue Sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 175°C.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Form mixture into 20 (4cm) meatballs. (For best flavour and appearance, form and cook meatballs immediately after mixing meat mixture.)
- Place meatballs on baking sheet; bake 18 to 22 minutes to medium (75°C) doneness, until no longer pink in centres and juices show no pink colour.
- Serve as a main dish with your favourite pasta sauce and spaghetti or as an appetiser with Cajun California Prune Barbecue Sauce for dipping.
In food processor container, combine 2/3 cup (115g) pitted California Prunes and 3 tablespoons water; process on and off until finely chopped. (Makes 1/2 cup)
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||49|