No Churn California Prunes and Mint Ice Cream
California Prunes can be used in combination with so many different foods, and this California Prunes and mint ice cream from our ambassador Peter Sidwell is no exception. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, why not give this delicious vegan ice cream a try? The only question is: one scoop or two?
Makes: 4-6Prep Time: 20 mins + 3-4 hours' freezing time
- Add the milk, California Prunes, mint and vanilla to a pan and warm for 5-8 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil.
- Mix the custard powder with the water, and add to the pan. Stir continuously on a medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Serve in a cone
- Or how about putting a couple of scoops into a bowl and adding a couple of spoons full of the scrumptious chocolate and prune sauce from this recipe by Teresa Balzano: https://www.californiaprunes.net/recipes/pannacotta-tart/
However you choose to serve your ice cream, it’s satisfaction guaranteed with this recipe!