No-Bake California Prune Power Balls
This bite-sized snack features natural sweetness and a delightful crispy texture for a satisfying energy boost. California Prunes support bone, heart and digestive health.
- 30 pitted California Prunes (about 1 cup/250 mL packed)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) almond butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened, desiccated coconut (approx.)
Pulse prunes with almond butter and honey in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to bowl.
Stir in rice crisps and sunflower seeds by hand until well mixed.
Scoop level tablespoonfuls prune mixture; form into balls and roll in coconut to coat. Repeat until all mixture is used.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour to set or for up to 1 week.
Makes about 24 balls.
- Add in a sprinkle of hemp hearts, flax or chia seeds for added nutrition.
- For an indulgent twist, stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) mini chocolate chips.
- Power balls can be frozen for up to 1 month; thaw before eating.