Moscato Zabaglione with Tea-Poached California Prunes
Makes: 4Prep Time: 30 minutes
- For the Zabaglione:
- 10 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 50g sparkling wine, preferably Rialto Moscato DOC
- For the Tea-Poached California Prunes:
- 20 California Prunes
- 20g Earl Grey tea leaves
- 500ml boiling water
- To serve:
- Flaked almonds
- Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- Add the tea leaves to the boiling water and leave to infuse for 3 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a small pan to remove the tea leaves.
- Add the prunes and bring to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and set the pan to one side to infuse the California Prunes as the liquid cools.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the Zabaglione in a large bowl and start whisking together. When thoroughly combined, place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and continue to whisk until the mixture if fluffy and voluminous – be careful not to let the bowl touch the water as this may cause the eggs to scramble.
- Drain the California Prunes from their liquid and place in serving dishes.
- Spoon over the Zabaglione to cover then sprinkle over the almond flakes and crushed biscuits just before serving.