Moroccan Chicken with California Prunes
Makes: 4Cook Time: 2-3 hrs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1 cup (170g) pitted California Prunes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Hot couscous, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In large Dutch oven, over medium high heat, brown chicken pieces in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pot and add onions, cooking until golden and fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium, add ginger and sauté a few minutes before adding carrots, California Prunes, tomatoes, chicken stock, honey, and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces back into the pan, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and cook for 2-3 hours, until the chicken is very tender.