Mediterranean Deviled Eggs
A spin on the classic deviled egg. Substitute mayonnaise with yogurt for a lighter taste,add spinach for a touch of Colour and California Prunes for a hint of sweetness.
Makes: 12Prep Time: 30 min
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cups prunes
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- sunflower sprouts for decoration
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan.
- Cover them with cold water to 1 inch above eggs; bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool the eggs completely.
- Gently crack eggshells and peel the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and lightly crush them.
- Add Greek yogurt, chopped California Prunes, chopped spinach and capers to the yolks.
- Mix all ingredients into a paste, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the egg whites with paste, serve on sunflower sprouts.