Lower Sugar Marble Muffins
Reducing sugar is easy when using California Prunes as they have a natural sweetness. These muffins are perfect for kids going back to school, or a great break time snack when at work. They’re also easy to batch bake and freeze, ready for when you need them.
Makes: 12Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the sugar and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the California Prunes, milk, oil and eggs and blend together until it’s a smooth puree texture.
- Blend the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until it’s just combined.
- Split the muffin mixture into half and stir in the cocoa powder into one half
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Marble both mixtures into the cake cases and place in the oven to bake for around 20-25 minutes or until fully baked.