Lentil, Rice and California Prune Pilaf
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minsCook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- ¼tsp ground turmeric
- 175g Basmati rice
- 400ml vegetable stock, hot
- Pinch of salt
- 100g broccoli florets
- 100g California Prunes, chopped
- 400g can, green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and turmeric and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat with the spice.
- Pour in the stock, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Quickly take off the lid and add the broccoli and California Prunes – do not mix them in. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the lentils, cover again and leave to rest for 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.