Lemon and California Prune Celebration Cake
This Lemon and California Prune Celebration Cake is ideal for a celebration like the King’s Coronation! It has the added bonus of being reduced in sugar due to the California Prunes. These also provide great natural sweetness, which is perfect for making healthier cakes without compromising on taste.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Beat the margarine and sugar together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure fully mixed in between adding each egg.
3. Sieve in the flour and add the chopped California Prunes.
4. Fold the mixture together and divide between 3 8”/20cm tined.
5. Bake the cakes in a pre-heated oven 170°C for 20 minutes or until baked and golden.
6. When the cakes are ready, remove from the oven and leave to fully cool.
7. To make the icing whisk together the icing sugar, lemon curd and butter until light and fluffy.
8. To ice the cake, layer up the cakes with icing in between each layer, then ice the outside of the cake.
9.Decorate the top of the cake with the remaining 12 California Prunes.
10.Leave the cake to set before serving.