Lamb and California Prunes Filo Rolls
Created for the 2022 World Cup, why not enjoy some delicious Middle Eastern inspired food? These Lamb and California Prunes Filo Rolls are the most delightful handheld snack! They are an ideal sharing dish to impress family or friends.
Makes: 7-8Prep Time: 10-15 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes
- 7-8 sheets of filo pastry (270g packet)
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 red onion
- 250g cooked lamb
- 150g California Prunes
- 100g pistachios shelled
- 150g mango chutney
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 Handful of mint
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds
- For the Chutney
- 170g mango chutney
- 100g California Prunes
- 20g coriander
- 2-3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. To make the filling, chop the red onion finely and add to a mixing bowl.
2. Tear up the cooked lamb and roughly chop the California Prunes before adding to the bowl.
3. Scatter in the nuts, then add the mango chutney.
4. Zest the lemon into the bowl and add the juice of half the lemon.
5. Chop the fresh mint and add to the mixture, then stir together.
6. Unroll the filo pastry and brush the edges with the melted butter.
7. Divide the lamb mixture between each sheet of pastry and roll up into spring roll style shapes.
8. Transfer the rolls to a nonstick baking tray and brush the outside with the remaining melted butter.
9. Scatter the sesame seeds over the rolls before baking at 180 °C for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
10. Meanwhile, to make the chutney blend together the mango chutney and California Prunes with the coriander and vinegar.
11. Serve together and enjoy.